Monday, February 27, 2017

Green Goddess Egg Sandwich with Crispy Prosciutto

green-goddess-egg-sandwich-with-crispy-prosciutto-6 adjusted

Obsession can be a humorous factor. There’s lighthearted obsession, like me currently being slightly obsessed with ordering stretchy garments from Outdated Navy while I was pregnant. These garments had been SO comfy (and yes, I nevertheless wear them….). Then, there’s deep, dark, scary obsession along the lines of creepy stalkers or my obsession with my neurotic but adorable cats. #crazycatlady

But, my most latest obsession is egg sandwiches. I imply, I’ve usually loved a excellent egg sammy, but, lately, I’ve really ramped issues up. Like every morning for breakfast for the past two weeks obsessed. On the obsession Richter scale this falls way over the on the internet purchasing obsession and just beneath the crazy cat obsession.

green-goddess-egg-sandwich-with-crispy-prosciutto-2

Usually, I try out to maintain my breakfast carb-totally free – I’m a rigid eggs and fruit lady. Buuuut, my grocery keep began carrying these super healthier sprouted grain English muffins which are created with all kinds of excellent-for-you ancient grains and I couldn’t aid myself. Egg McMuffins every single morning! Woohooo!!

But, soon after two weeks, I got a tiny bored with my plain egg and spinach breakfast sandwiches and made a decision to liven factors up with some funky green goddess-ish dressing, mixed greens and crispy prosciutto. Andddd….I’m good for the following yr. Seriously, I could eat this sandwich for the rest of my lifestyle and by no means tire of it. It’s THAT Very good.

green-goddess-egg-sandwich-with-crispy-prosciutto-4green-goddess-egg-sandwich-with-crispy-prosciutto-5

Green goddess dressing is generally produced with mayonnaise and sour cream (not to mention anchovy paste which gives it an awesome umami flavor), but I like to use just non-fat Greek yogurt to trim the body fat and calories and include some significantly-required tummy-healthful dairy. If the yogurt-only sauce is too tangy for you, you can add a minor lower-excess fat mayonnaise.

Obsession is typically talked about as a adverse. But, I come to feel pretty content material that getting obsessed with an egg sandwich that boasts healthful Greek yogurt and lots of greenery amongst its ingredient listing is A-OKAY. Speaking of greenery, I snuck a minor spinach into the green goddess dressing because (a) spinach makes it even much more GREEN which is perfect for tomorrow’s green-obsessed holiday (I’m searching at you St. Patty’s Day) and (b) my son loves spinach but he gets far more on the ground than in his mouth.

The sprouted grain muffin clinched the deal for me. Did you know that sprouted grains have more protein and significantly less body fat than other bread, they’re easier to digest, and they contain significantly less gluten? Effectively,they do.

green-goddess-egg-sandwich-with-crispy-prosciutto-13

And before you go all “what’s with the fried prosciutto??” on me, just don't forget that we’re making use of a really minimum amount of heart-healthful olive oil, and the prosciutto packs this kind of a whopping smokey, salty taste that you only want one particular teeny-small little slice. If you’re not down with the prosciutto we’re not close friends, I suggest, you can depart it out. You can also serve this sandwich deconstructed to your toddler like I do. Half an English muffin with some green goddess spread on it with a side of egg and greens. Breakfast = done.

green-goddess-egg-sandwich-with-crispy-prosciutto-14

Do you have to use a sprouted grain muffin for this sandwich? Absolutely not. But it absolutely ups the wellness aspect. As for taste, allow’s just say that Alasdair didn’t even observe that I used a “healthy” English muffin. He was also busy getting down and dirty with his “tasty breakfast.” His words, not mine.

Significantly although, with the creamy dressing and the gooey egg, this sandwich does get a minor down and dirty. No want for napkins even though. You will be licking your fingers clean and loving each and every minute of it!

green-goddess-egg-sandwich-with-crispy-prosciutto-9

 

five. from 1 evaluations
Green Goddess Egg Sandwich with Crispy Prosciutto
&nbsp
Print
Prep time
Cook time
Total time
&nbsp
If you favor a much less tangy dressing, use &frac12 cup non-unwanted fat Greek yogurt and &frac14 cup lower-fat mayonnaise.
Author:
Recipe kind: Breakfast
Serves: four
Ingredients
  • Green Goddess Dressing:
  • &frac34 cup non-body fat Greek yogurt
  • &frac12 cup chopped scallions, white and green components (three-four scallions)
  • &frac12 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
  • &frac12 cup chopped spinach leaves
  • Juice of a single lemon
  • 1 clove garlic, chopped
  • one teaspoon anchovy paste (this is optional but I hugely recommend it!)
  • &frac12 teaspoon kosher salt
  • ⅛ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
  • Egg Sandwich:
  • four sprouted grain English muffins
  • 4 large eggs
  • 4 thin slices of prosciutto
  • 1 teaspoon olive oil
  • 1 cup greens (I used an arugula and spinach mix but you can use just arugula, just spinach or any other greens that you fancy)
Instructions
  1. Green Goddess Dressing:
  2. Spot the yogurt, scallions, basil, spinach, lemon juice, garlic, anchovy paste, salt and pepper in a blender or meals processor and mix until finally smooth. (If not using instantly, refrigerate the dressing till ready to serve.)
  3. Egg Sandwich:
  4. Heat one teaspoon olive oil in a huge skillet more than medium substantial heat. Add the 4 slices of prosciutto to the skillet and cook for one-two minutes on every side or until the prosciutto is cooked via and crisp. Set aside on a paper towel-lined plate.
  5. Crack every egg into an personal ramekin or small bowl. Heat the 1st egg in the microwave for ten-second intervals till it truly is cooked. Repeat with each and every egg-filled ramekin. It took me 4 10-2nd intervals to get an egg that was largely cooked through with a somewhat runny yolk that oozes out of the sandwich. Alternately, you can fry the eggs in a skillet.
  6. Whilst the eggs and prosciutto are cooking, toast the English muffins.
  7. To assemble, add 2 tablespoons green goddess dressing to each and every English muffin. I like to spread a single tablespoon on each muffin half. Next, include one egg to the bottom muffin. Leading with the prosciutto and a handful of greens. Include the top muffin and your sandwich is ready to devour! Repeat with remaining muffins, eggs, prosciutto, greens and dressing.
Wordpress Recipe Plugin by EasyRecipe

 

Read More About Fat Loss Recipes At NaturallyCurvy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment