Tuesday, February 28, 2017

How I Made My New Website in One Day

Thank you to Squarespace for sponsoring this post.

One particular of the questions I get the most via electronic mail, right after how to turn into a Registered Dietitian, is how to generate a site. It would seem a lot of of you want to develop a web site to showcase your enterprise/services offerings, but do not think that you can do it without design and style or coding expertise. But here’s the point: I have no concept how to do any of that things either, which is why I’m all about obtaining equipment that make generating a internet site without layout or tech skills easy. Enter: Squarespace.

IMG_0807

When Squarespace reached out to me about a evaluation, the timing was excellent due to the fact I was previously arranging an overhaul/redesign of my AnneTheRD nutrition coaching &amp communications organization site. I constructed that web site back in 2013 just before launching my personal practice, and whilst it has worked properly for me in excess of the many years, the time had come to update it with a far more polished and expert search.

Basically, my internet site was hunting quite amateur hour – tough to go through with too several colours, and I did not enjoy the mobile look and come to feel, either. When I asked my sweet husband if he considered my business site necessary a redesign, he quite diplomatically replied: “Well, it could maybe be a minor far more professional…” :) He later admitted it type of reminded him of a single of individuals previous school geocities internet sites from the late 1990s – not exactly what I was going for, ha! (That’s the outdated web site pictured under!)

squarespace_review_vs._wix

old_wix_website_contact_page

So, I was thrilled to try out out Squarespace, which is a creative tools firm that assists you build websites and merchants! Essentially, it tends to make great layout available to absolutely everyone with no html, coding, or design expertise necessary.

The far more I researched Squarespace before signing on to function with them, the more I liked what I study. Highlights:

  • You can adjust templates anytime you want with no obtaining to rebuild your total web site (one thing my outdated site builder doesn’t supply) – they will just car-convert all your material to fit into the new template. You can also “preview” what your site will appear like with a new template. Enjoy this!
  • All the templates are constructed to be mobile responsive automatically (once again, some thing my previous web site builder doesn’t offer, which was a difficulty given that every person looks at sites on their phones today and mine was a mess).
  • In contrast to a lot of of their competitors, Squarespace has an award-winning buyer care crew that serves clients 24/7 via email and dwell chat. Often very good to know support is there if you need to have it.
  • It is an all-in-1 platform that removes all of the headaches of putting in software, applying security patches, and worrying about bandwidth or storage limitations.
  • The templates are all designed by skilled designers, creating it a lot less complicated to develop a expert, clean-seeking website.

Provided all that, I made a decision it created sense to give the redesign a shot myself by means of Squarespace rather than hiring someone else (at wonderful price) to do it for me! Plus, I actually like having the potential make changes to my own internet site as I want, rather than possessing to electronic mail the designer, wait for them to adjust it (and almost certainly charge you for it), etc.

Following signing up for a free trial for Squarespace (every person will get 14 days totally free to make confident it’s for them prior to committing), I set to acquainting myself to the new program. It only took a few minutes just before I had the hang of it and was in a position to merely copy and paste my outdated website content in excess of and customize the style and individual pages to my liking. (I decided to use the “Avenue” template for my website, in case you want to try out the exact same one particular!)

how_to_use_squarespace_review

I specially loved how you can edit pictures appropriate in their method – saves the additional step of obtaining to resize and crop prior to uploading!

how_to_edit_photos_in_squarespace

It was really quite entertaining to play all around with all of it and get my site hunting just the way I needed. I also took the chance to rework some of the text and web page organization for my nutrition coaching packages and other offerings. In addition to a new search and truly feel, the material absolutely necessary some updates, too. Very good excuse to finally do that!

squarespace_review

I also identified a cool function to showcase pictures in a fairly scrolling gallery – check out my new recipe development webpage, pictured under in editing mode! :)

create_an_image_gallery_on_squarespace

Truthfully, I wish I’d designed my authentic AnneTheRD website on Squarespace – it was so straightforward to use and I enjoy the new appear and really feel I was easily able to give the web site. I was also super impressed with their reside chat help – I had some design and style inquiries for straightforward tweaks I wanted to make to the web site and couldn’t figure out on my personal, and the live chat operator was so helpful! Saved me a TON of time, and now I know how to do individuals tweaks myself for the future!

In situation you couldn’t tell, I’m now a large Squarespace fan, and I’m thrilled to unveil my new AnneTheRD business internet site right now! Please click through to give it a seem – and allow me know what you feel. :)

new_squarespace_website_design

And now, prepared to start your very own site or blog? Consider out Squarespace by yourself! The 1st 50 readers who use the provide code “FANNETASTIC” will get 10% off their very first website or domains buy. Content web site creating – and please come back and share backlinks on this post to the web sites you build making use of Squarespace – I can’t wait to see how excellent they look! :)

Have you ever built a web site? I truly created my very first web site wayyyy back in 1998 – I had to teach myself some html at the time to make it perform, actually! Also bad I really don't bear in mind any of that html now, but fortunately I really do not need to have to. :) I wish I had a screenshot of that web site simply because it was so ridiculous but great – crazy colorful with flashing buttons, pop up pictures, and a entirely dedicated “favorite music” web page that started immediately enjoying songs from my favored bands at the time, Smashing Pumpkins and Garbage, when you clicked on it. So good! I also bear in mind writing for some “e-zines” – electronic mail magazines – back in the late 90’s – fundamentally a precursor to blogging! Does any person keep in mind those?! Apparently even back then I knew my destiny was associated to creating for the internet. :)



Read More About Fat Loss Recipes At NaturallyCurvy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment