Monday, February 27, 2017

Our Week In Meals #16

Happy Sunday, pals! It’s sunny and 70 degrees right here in Virginia right now, so I’m anxious to get going and enjoy some loved ones time. But first, I’m back right now with another roundup of Our Week in MealsFor individuals of you who are new all around here, this is exactly where I share a minor bit about what we’ve been up to over the previous week — as it relates to our meals each evening. I hope that this series offers you a glimpse “behind the scenes” at some highlights from our daily life, displays you how I stability a busy schedule with feeding my loved ones, and provides a number of new ideas for your own weekly meal prepare. Let’s backtrack a bit…

Last Sunday morning began off perfectly with an oldie-but-goodie breakfast favored: Wholesome Snickerdoodle Baked Oatmeal. This is critically the Ideal morning meal — it’s filling, it’s full of protein and satisfying fiber, and it tastes like a warm, gooey bowl of cookie dough. Topped with some vanilla Greek yogurt and maple syrup it’s dreamy. Plus, the recipe makes two servings so you can keep the other serving in the refrigerator and reheat it in the microwave on an additional day. So straightforward!

We had lovely, unseasonably warm climate, so Keith and the boys invested considerably of the day outside pruning trees that fell in the course of a recent wind storm.

I met some girlfriends for brunch at a French restaurant in Gordonsville called Restaurant Pomme.

We had entertaining celebrating my buddy’s little one boy who is due later this spring, and our meal was wonderful!

The Omelette de Crabe et Boursin: crab, Boursin cheese, and spinach omelet with mixed green salad, home dressing + baguette

Considering that the climate was so wonderful, we took complete benefit for dinner! Keith grilled steaks and potatoes, which I served with oven-roasted veggies. I’m not a massive steak eater, so I finished off the leftover grilled salmon from the night prior to alternatively.

Keith’s plate: hefty on the meat and potatoes! 😂

I tossed the veggies with olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic, onion, and parsley before roasting at 375 for about 35-forty minutes. The Brussels sprouts had been a remarkably big hit with the youngsters, while the parsnips and rutabaga have been largely ignored. Eh…you win some, you shed some!

I took Spencer to his Parks &amp Rec class in Charlottesville on Monday morning, the place we caught up with his friend Jonathan and my good friend Kristin.

I had a enterprise meeting in town afterwards with a pal who does marketing and advertising, so Spence tagged along and ate his lunch and played on the indoor playground whilst we chatted.

Casey and I have been loving these tiny bags of Milk Chocolaty Cupcake flavored Kettle Corn for snacking. 

Since I knew that I would be away from the residence for most of the day, I planned a slow cooker dinner for Monday evening. We had Slow Cooker Greek Chicken Gyros (I will share this recipe quickly),

which I served with feta cheese, sliced cucumber and tomato, red onion, olives, this Tzatziki sauce that I picked up at Entire Foods,

and total wheat Naan bread. It was this kind of a excellent dinner, and the children could customize their toppings primarily based on their very own preferences.

Then it was Valentine’s Day! I started out my morning with chocolate (duh!) in the kind of these Healthful Chocolate Chip Pancakes that I thawed from the freezer.

The boys and I also shared Cupid’s Vanilla Berry Smoothies,

and they had heart-shaped toast on the side.

I created a fruit salad to take to the preschool class,

and joined the festivities soon after a stroll with my girlfriends.

Lunch was a healthier try at combating some of the day’s chocolates! This was a bowl of leftover roasted veggies + avocado + egg + homemade tahini dressing. It hit the spot!

Snack incorporated this new Mixed Nut Butter and crackers, which I picked up at Trader Joe’s when it was on sale earlier in the week. It’s great! It tastes a whole lot like almond butter, and it has a wonderful smooth, drippy consistency (not gritty). Two thumbs up!

Our Valentine’s Day dinner was a exciting twist on a loved ones favourite: heart-shaped pizzas! I bought the dough at Total Foods and just shaped it into person hearts. The boys loved this dinner and said that it was the very best pizza they have ever tasted (simply because the form clearly impacts the taste!). 😂  We had a massive salad on the side, making use of up some of the leftover components from the gyros the night just before (lettuce, tomatoes, peppers, olives, feta, cucumbers and Tzatziki sauce as dressing).

Wednesday was a quiet day so Spence and I stayed near to property. We met my buddy Mollie for a stroll in the morning (and some playground time), and then made a fast afternoon end at Yoder’s Nation Marketplace. Spence fed the goats, ran around on the playground, and loved a cup of the most deliciously decadent homemade vanilla bean ice cream even though I picked up a few groceries. If you’re in Madison, the ice cream at Yoder’s is a must!

I had meat in the freezer that necessary to be employed, so for dinner that evening I made my Balsamic-Glazed Pork Loin. Alternatively of grilling it, although, I roasted it in the oven (the roasting instructions are included in that recipe as effectively).

On the side I served steamed veggies (peas and mushrooms, as properly as garlic cauliflower) plus this couscous. The children enjoy the texture of the pearled couscous, which is greater than conventional couscous.

Even though Spence was at preschool on Thursday morning I loved a solo buying journey at Target. I handled myself to a late morning choose-me-up at Starbucks to commit some of my Valentine’s Day present card.

This was a Cafe Misto with Mocha Syrup. SO yum!

My lunch was also actually very good! I produced an egg sandwich with the best stability of salty-and-sweet — just how I like it!

Egg + Wilted Spinach + Sharp Irish Cheddar Cheese + Jam on Ezekiel Cinnamon Raisin Toast

It was the end of our grocery week, so I planned a freezer meal for dinner being aware of that we wouldn’t have a whole lot of fresh elements left in the fridge. This was the final dump-and-bake freezer meal that I had stashed away a handful of weeks ago: Dump-and-Bake Teriyaki Chicken with Veggies and Rice. My only occupation that evening was baking it for about 45 minutes. So easy!

I will share all of the Dump-and-Bake Freezer Meals in a publish in about one week, so keep tuned!

Keith was home on Friday, so he entertained Spence at the mall in the morning while I did the weekly grocery buying.

He also place the boys to operate in the yard soon after school…

I gave the kids a fast dinner of fish sticks that evening prior to Hannah arrived to babysit. Keith and I headed to Culpeper for a date evening at a new restaurant known as Grass Rootes.

We had a excellent night! The foods was farm-to-table fare using neighborhood components from surrounding farms, and the ambience was so cozy and warm.

We sat by the fireplace and listened to live Blue Grass music even though we ate, which was such a good touch.

I started the meal with drinks and bread, followed by a Caesar salad appetizer (which was huge), and the Barbecue Chicken entree. The chicken came with baked sweet potato and collard greens. Keith had a Caesar salad as properly, a few beef riblets (that had been spicy and tasty), and the Crab Cake Duo for his principal course. Overall the foods was excellent, but we were definitely underwhelmed by the crab cakes and the service wasn’t the best. Even now a exciting night, although!

Prosecco!

Yesterday morning included yard perform for the boys, even though I invested time indoors with chores and recipe photographs.

Keith grilled sea bass and salmon for dinner, which I served with baguette and salad. Usually a excellent combo!

We spent the rest of the evening watching Dateline in bed (#oldpeople), and taking care of a sick Gibbs, who went to bed with a fever.

And that brings us to nowadays! We have a clear routine, and Gibbs nevertheless isn’t feeling nicely, so we will be staying near to house and enjoying a quiet (and sunny) day here in Madison.  Have a wonderful week, buddies!

The publish Our Week In Meals #sixteen appeared very first on The Seasoned Mom.



Read More About Fat Loss Recipes At NaturallyCurvy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment