Monday, February 27, 2017

Our Week In Meals #16

Content Sunday, buddies! It’s sunny and 70 degrees right here in Virginia today, so I’m anxious to get going and appreciate some family members time. But initial, I’m back today with an additional roundup of Our Week in MealsFor these of you who are new close to right here, this is exactly where I share a minor bit about what we’ve been up to above the past week — as it relates to our meals each evening. I hope that this series provides you a glimpse “behind the scenes” at some highlights from our daily life, shows you how I balance a hectic routine with feeding my family, and provides a handful of new ideas for your own weekly meal prepare. Let’s backtrack a bit…

Final Sunday morning started off completely with an oldie-but-goodie breakfast favorite: Wholesome Snickerdoodle Baked Oatmeal. This is critically the Greatest morning meal — it’s filling, it’s complete of protein and satisfying fiber, and it tastes like a warm, gooey bowl of cookie dough. Topped with some vanilla Greek yogurt and maple syrup it’s dreamy. Plus, the recipe makes two servings so you can preserve the other serving in the refrigerator and reheat it in the microwave on another day. So simple!

We had beautiful, unseasonably warm weather, so Keith and the boys invested considerably of the day outdoors pruning trees that fell for the duration of a recent wind storm.

I met some girlfriends for brunch at a French restaurant in Gordonsville known as Restaurant Pomme.

We had enjoyable celebrating my buddy’s child boy who is due later on this spring, and our meal was incredible!

The Omelette de Crabe et Boursin: crab, Boursin cheese, and spinach omelet with mixed green salad, residence dressing + baguette

Considering that the weather was so wonderful, we took full advantage for dinner! Keith grilled steaks and potatoes, which I served with oven-roasted veggies. I’m not a massive steak eater, so I completed off the leftover grilled salmon from the evening prior to instead.

Keith’s plate: hefty on the meat and potatoes! 😂

I tossed the veggies with olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic, onion, and parsley before roasting at 375 for about 35-forty minutes. The Brussels sprouts have been a surprisingly big hit with the youngsters, while the parsnips and rutabaga had been largely ignored. Eh…you win some, you shed some!

I took Spencer to his Parks &amp Rec class in Charlottesville on Monday morning, exactly where we caught up with his buddy Jonathan and my good friend Kristin.

I had a business meeting in town afterwards with a buddy who does marketing and advertising, so Spence tagged along and ate his lunch and played on the indoor playground even though we chatted.

Casey and I have been loving these minor bags of Milk Chocolaty Cupcake flavored Kettle Corn for snacking. 

Given that I knew that I would be away from the home for most of the day, I planned a slow cooker dinner for Monday evening. We had Slow Cooker Greek Chicken Gyros (I will share this recipe quickly),

which I served with feta cheese, sliced cucumber and tomato, red onion, olives, this Tzatziki sauce that I picked up at Total Foods,

and whole wheat Naan bread. It was such a great dinner, and the kids could customize their toppings based mostly on their personal preferences.

Then it was Valentine’s Day! I began my morning with chocolate (duh!) in the kind of these Healthy Chocolate Chip Pancakes that I thawed from the freezer.

The boys and I also shared Cupid’s Vanilla Berry Smoothies,

and they had heart-shaped toast on the side.

I produced a fruit salad to get to the preschool class,

and joined the festivities after a stroll with my girlfriends.

Lunch was a healthier attempt at combating some of the day’s chocolates! This was a bowl of leftover roasted veggies + avocado + egg + homemade tahini dressing. It hit the spot!

Snack incorporated this new Mixed Nut Butter and crackers, which I picked up at Trader Joe’s when it was on sale earlier in the week. It’s excellent! It tastes a good deal like almond butter, and it has a nice smooth, drippy consistency (not gritty). Two thumbs up!

Our Valentine’s Day dinner was a fun twist on a loved ones favored: heart-shaped pizzas! I bought the dough at Entire Foods and just shaped it into personal hearts. The boys loved this dinner and stated that it was the ideal pizza they have ever tasted (since the shape obviously has an effect on the taste!). 😂  We had a huge salad on the side, employing up some of the leftover ingredients from the gyros the evening ahead of (lettuce, tomatoes, peppers, olives, feta, cucumbers and Tzatziki sauce as dressing).

Wednesday was a quiet day so Spence and I stayed shut to house. We met my buddy Mollie for a stroll in the morning (and some playground time), and then produced a rapid afternoon end at Yoder’s Nation Industry. Spence fed the goats, ran about on the playground, and appreciated a cup of the most deliciously decadent homemade vanilla bean ice cream although I picked up a number of groceries. If you’re in Madison, the ice cream at Yoder’s is a should!

I had meat in the freezer that essential to be used, so for dinner that evening I made my Balsamic-Glazed Pork Loin. As an alternative of grilling it, though, I roasted it in the oven (the roasting guidelines are included in that recipe as effectively).

On the side I served steamed veggies (peas and mushrooms, as properly as garlic cauliflower) plus this couscous. The youngsters really like the texture of the pearled couscous, which is greater than conventional couscous.

Whilst Spence was at preschool on Thursday morning I loved a solo purchasing trip at Target. I handled myself to a late morning pick-me-up at Starbucks to invest some of my Valentine’s Day gift card.

This was a Cafe Misto with Mocha Syrup. SO yum!

My lunch was also genuinely very good! I manufactured an egg sandwich with the ideal balance of salty-and-sweet — just how I like it!

Egg + Wilted Spinach + Sharp Irish Cheddar Cheese + Jam on Ezekiel Cinnamon Raisin Toast

It was the finish of our grocery week, so I planned a freezer meal for dinner realizing that we wouldn’t have a good deal of fresh elements left in the fridge. This was the ultimate dump-and-bake freezer meal that I had stashed away a handful of weeks in the past: Dump-and-Bake Teriyaki Chicken with Veggies and Rice. My only occupation that evening was baking it for about 45 minutes. So easy!

I will share all of the Dump-and-Bake Freezer Meals in a submit in about one week, so keep tuned!

Keith was house on Friday, so he entertained Spence at the mall in the morning whilst I did the weekly grocery purchasing.

He also put the boys to function in the yard right after school…

I gave the kids a rapid dinner of fish sticks that evening ahead of Hannah arrived to babysit. Keith and I headed to Culpeper for a date evening at a new restaurant named Grass Rootes.

We had a fantastic night! The foods was farm-to-table fare making use of local elements from surrounding farms, and the ambience was so cozy and warm.

We sat by the fireplace and listened to live Blue Grass music whilst we ate, which was this kind of a wonderful touch.

I started the meal with drinks and bread, followed by a Caesar salad appetizer (which was large), and the Barbecue Chicken entree. The chicken came with baked sweet potato and collard greens. Keith had a Caesar salad as well, a handful of beef riblets (that were spicy and scrumptious), and the Crab Cake Duo for his major program. Overall the foods was great, but we were undoubtedly underwhelmed by the crab cakes and the service wasn’t the very best. Nonetheless a fun evening, though!

Prosecco!

Yesterday morning incorporated yard operate for the boys, whilst I invested time indoors with chores and recipe photographs.

Keith grilled sea bass and salmon for dinner, which I served with baguette and salad. Often a very good combo!

We invested the rest of the evening viewing Dateline in bed (#oldpeople), and taking care of a sick Gibbs, who went to bed with a fever.

And that brings us to today! We have a clear routine, and Gibbs still isn’t feeling effectively, so we will be staying close to house and enjoying a quiet (and sunny) day right here in Madison.  Have a fantastic week, friends!

The publish Our Week In Meals #sixteen appeared initial on The Seasoned Mom.



Read More About Fat Loss Recipes At NaturallyCurvy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment